TPP students have much to offer. They come to MIT with exceptional academic skills and generally have at least two years of professional experience. The Technology and Policy Program supports and augments their existing skills and experience with course work, research assignments, and preparatory advice from senior faculty who have worked extensively in both the public and private sectors.
A TPP intern can and will make a difference to your company by:
- Providing you with a new recruiting tool. Prospective long-term employees can be recruited and developed productively at low cost. The TPP Internship Officer will help companies identify individuals who will fit well with their needs.
- Giving you access to the latest research in your field. In 1995, a TPP intern working for the US Assistant Secretary for Education was able to use information from his research program at MIT to influence the Department's proposals for the use of the Internet in education.
The Technology and Policy Program is a vital and contained community, and we think of our donors as a part of our community -- an integral part of the Program. We are asking donors to make a commitment of $10,000 -- over several years.
This commitment will mean ongoing contact with both the sponsored students and the TPP main office. Donors are:
- helped in identifying candidates for further needs
- invited to MIT to learn about new developments
- assisted in establishing personal contacts with MIT faculty and staff